Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Barbarian Dude Collection

posted by Hddvh
Aloha!

It's been a while since I've posted a finished showcase project. But now I'm able to proudly present you my interpretation of the infamous Barbarian Dude. 

Due to it's refreshing and for me very interesting sculpt he was sold out pretty damn fast. So I wasn't able to grab one in time. Maybe I was considering way too much if its worth my money or not. Lucky me that my best friend gave me one to my birthday! :) and what else should I've done then immediately start thinking about what to do with him. 

There are plenty of gorgeous versions of this miniature, like the ones from P1per:


...or Weisern, who've used a nice contrast on his scene:



Some people added a slain beast / giant as a trophy to her base. Something that came to my mind too when I was thinking about a scenery:



And Raffa:


There's even a very simplistic version, painted by Camelson. I think his version was the first painted Dude I've seen on the www:


I knew that I am not a bad painter. But I'm also far away from being one of the top painters right now. 

So my thoughts were stumbling over themselves, searching for an idea to make something different out of my Dude. One of the 350. 

While I was thinking about that I was reading a great fantasy novel, written by David Gemmell. The main character in that story was a a big Dude (Druss) which probably could become my version. Inspired by this I started to think about it. In these books Druss started his journey aged 17, a simple wood worker with raw power in his arms, often describe as a bear due to his appearance. 

Later he became a famous warrior searching for his robbed wife. His journey lasts several years before he was able to find her. Many stories were told about him until that moment, and even more would follow. 

He became an old, wise warrior who never lost his strength. 

So, here's my version of the Barbarian Dude:

Druss The Legend
(also known as Deathwalker)

"Druss is the grandson of Bardan the Slayer, a psychotic madman driven insane by the demon residing within his cursed axe, Snaga the Sender. Druss is described as a physically imposing man, immensely strong but also possessing great speed and dexterity"














I'd be happy to receive some feedback on this on especially on what I could have done better. I'm sure that I won't do any further brushstroke on this project, but it's always a good way to search for improvement for upcoming projects. 

If you want to vote, you can do that right here:


No comments:

Post a Comment